Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July came and went very fast. We had three weeks full of activities, and we were exhausted. July 13-17 we attended VBS at our church. This year's theme was the Boomerang Express. Thanks to Aunt Candi and Uncle Clint we all had authentic Australian shirts to wear. The kids were so proud to tell their teachers that their cousins lived in Australia! I taught music this year which was a departure from my role in registration last year. I did not realize that the format had changed this year, and that I would have to teach a small lesson before the kids learned the songs and dances. I worried about it for a few weeks leading into VBS thinking that I was not cut out for it. I was in a theatre style room full of K-2 students, and even had to use a microphone. The accountant in me was terrified, but believe it or not I rose to the occasion and even enjoyed it. Camryn loved learning the dances, and was chosen to go on stage to perform for the parents.

The next week was a great break for me. We attended Fun Days at Reagan's preschool, and I got to work while the kids were entertained for five hours. Oh how I do love working with numbers.

Brady and Camryn both had camps the last week of July. Brady was in Warrior school and Camryn went to Art Reach. I felt like a taxi driver because Brady's camp was about 15 minutes from our house one way and Camryn's camp was 20 minutes the other way! I would drop Brady off at 9:00 and then head to Art Reach for a camp that started at 10:00. I had about one hour at the house before I had to go back to get Brady at 12:00. Camryn's camp ended at 3:00 so I did have a small break from driving then. I am including all of this detail because I know some of you will be able to appreciate what we do to get our kids to camps!! As part of Camryn's camp, she had a dance workshop each day. We got to see all of her hard work on the last day of camp. As a parent, sometimes you just know when you might need to redirect your kids' interest. Camryn will be taking tennis lessons in the Fall!!

Brian completed his first triathlon today. It was a sprint triathlon which means it was 1/8 of an ironman triathlon. We were all so proud of him. Of course I missed him running across the finish line, but we were there shortly after. Thankfully I had some homemade banana muffins with me when I showed up! It is so inspiring to be around so many physically fit people. He did great, and we are looking forward to January and the half-marathon.

We are anxiously awaiting the first day of school. It will be here in about two weeks!

Not many pictures right now, but will send more after school starts.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much Reagan is growing! I miss all of you so much and hope to get to see you soon...Colette, school will be here before you know it, and then you will be wondering what to do with all of your free-time!

    ReplyDelete